Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fossicking

                                                  




I really feel like having a good fossick this weekend, not for anything in particular but just to scratch an itch.

  There are always great local garage sales, antique markets like the Dirty Jane Emporium and Market and stores, the local farmers markets, Orange Antiques and Collectibles are having an auction this weekend.  I might just cruise auction house websites like Raffan, Kelaher and Thomas or hit the high end stuff of Bonhams, Christie's and Sotheby's.

A trip to Peppergreens in Berrima is definitely on the cards. I've been inspired by a friend Sara, who has made a wonderful woollen patched blanket from Ralph Lauren tweeds and checks she found there. Could I be lucky enough that there still might be a bountiful booty of fabrics for me?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment